Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Book Signing and Dogs!

Recently I held another book signing. For those who've read my "Catch Me If You Can", you know I've dedicated that book to a wonderful woman who works at my local humane society. At an October festival, the society held a booth in hopes of attracting attention to their animals, and with every adoption I gave away a copy of my book (signed by both this woman and myself).

I'm so glad the weather cooperated and we experienced none of Hurricane's Sandy's temperament!

Miss Mae's Table


The Society


Judges for the Pet Parade


A rescue from the Florida race tracks. Her name is Candy. See the 'candy' corn vest? 



Here was the "Rufferee", just in case things got wild and crazy.


Ready to find their furever homes.


I was sorely tempted to take this pint-sized cutie home!


I met so many friendly people, chatted with folks I knew and some I met for the first time. I cuddled animals (one of my first loves), met the newly elected county commissioner (hey, now she knows my name!), and I sold some books!

I love giving back to the society, and I hope to continue to sponsor them in future. 

12 comments:

AugieDoggy.com said...

Oh how wonderful, MM! Sounds like a lovely day! Hope lots of critters got adopted!

laura thomas said...

What a wonderful idea! I hope you sold many books and gave many away. That would mean some sweet animals found their forever homes!

Patricia said...

What a wonderful thing for you to do for those animals. Congratulations for your efforts.

Hywela Lyn said...

What a wonderful idea! I hope many animals were adopted and I'm glad you also sold some books.

I'm also glad Hurricane Sandy didn't give you any trouble either, I've been thinking of you and others in the US, especially those directly in the storm's path.

Gail Pallotta said...

What a neat post, and what a wonderful thing to do. The dogs are so precious. I love the candy corn and rufferee outfits. I can see how you were tempted to bring the little cutie home. People who bought your book were lucky too!

Miss Mae said...

I was very happy to be a part of it all, and loved giving back in any way that I could for this lovely lady's help that she's given to me for years. (she paid for shots for our dogs, neutering for Champ, etc.)

And yes, animals were adopted! Isn't that fantastic? :)

Lyn, no worries where I live regarding Sandy, but it sounds like a nightmare up east. Be thankful you aren't headed for JFK airport today!

P.L. Parker said...

Very nice Miss Mae!

Gail Roughton said...

What a great day that sounds like! I wish I'd been there!

Laurean Brooks said...

Wonderful idea! I hope a lot of animals found homes and you sold a ton of books.

That little fellow sure is cute. Were you one of the judges?

Anne Patrick said...

Enjoyable post, Miss Mae. It's awesome you helped in this way. Great idea! Bet you were tempted to sneak a few home with you. I know I would've been. Hope you gained lots of new readers.

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome lady you are! Loved the pics too.

J.Q. Rose said...

What darling pics of your day. So glad it was such a success.